FessBooks.com An Arkansas Best Seller
In 2018 — Celebrating Fourteen Years of Publishing
Michael Don Fess, Author Over Twenty-Five Published Books
Mystery Novels, Historical Novels, Non-fiction Books, & Erotic Novels
Most of these books are FREE on Amazon Kindle Unlimited !
Need a Speaker?
Hear the science behind my new novel.
If you would like an Informative and
Entertaining Presentation of
Amazing Facts and How they will
Affect our Lives in the Near Future . . .
OVER HALF THE BOOKS SOLD
In 2018 Will Be eBooks
The largest distributor of
eBooks for your iPad, Kindle, or Nook
eBooks are less expensive . . . average $3.95
You receive them instantly
AND . . . There’s no shipping and handling
Like FessBooks Publishing on FaceBook
so you will get the latest news.
If you read my novels, you can experience many lives, share adventures, and feel emotions you may never get to experience in real life.
If you don’t read books, you live only one life, a solo adventure.
My novels have many sub-plots interwoven with the main storyline that keep you guessing.
If the reader can out-guess the author about where the story is going, the reading experience becomes boring.
I don’t want you to be bored . . .
Happy Reading In 2018
My List of Ingredients for a
1. The story should have one or more “larger than life” characters. Memorable characters give the reader a “hook” to remember the story and can give you the feeling you know the characters personally.
2. If the story has many characters, repeat their names and associate them with their title or job to help the reader keep them straight. Novels are confusing when you can’t remember who someone is and their relationship to the story.
3. The story should have several sub-plots woven into the main plot to make the story more interesting. It helps keep a fast pace throughout the novel.
4. The novel should be sprinkled with enough facts to make the story ring true. Well written fiction should have enough facts to give you the feeling it is a real-life story and could be believable.
5. It should have many unexpected twists and surprising turns . . . the reader should never be able to get ahead of the author and predict the outcome.
6. Keep the action moving . . . make the reader keep turning the pages to see what happens next.
7. When the situation seems to be approaching a resolution, inject a new crisis. It’s called “turning up the heat.”
8. Let the characters tell the story and keep it in active voice . . . long paragraphs of passive voice descriptions will tend to bore most readers.
9. Characters should each have a different voice . . . they should also use different words, e.g. adjectives and nouns to give them a personality.
Speaker at Civic Clubs
· El Dorado, Arkansas Kiwanis Club
· Magnolia, Arkansas Rotary Club
· Arkadelphia, Arkansas Rotary Club
· Fayetteville, Arkansas Rotary Club
· Pine Bluff, Arkansas Rotary Club
· Marion County, Arkansas Rotary Club
Cruise Speaker and Book Signing
on a cruise through the Panama Canal
(That’s me signing in my Caribbean costume)
2018 Speaking Dates Little Rock
Meet and Greet Book Club April 20, 2018
Methodist Women’s Circle May 3, 2018
Arkansas Writers Conference June 2, 2018
Speaking In Dallas, Texas
Author’s Marketing Event July 27-29, 2018
Read Part of
eBook is available at
Amazon, B & N, Kobo, and Smashwords.com
For Thinking People
Thought provoking, fact filled and guaranteed to make you think.
dissertation on TIME. Have you ever wondered if time is different on other planets?
Why are there
twenty- four hours
in a day?
eBook now at
Barnes & Noble, iTunes,
Kobo, and Smashwords
And Slot Machines
From Tunica to
A fictional look at some of the scams in casinos.
Based in Tunica, MS
This fast paced
those pages turning.
Published April 2018
Enjoy our new
in the top 25% of
Meet the Author
Researching a new novel in
June 24, 2018
at the Orleans
After death, do we
become energy parcels roaming the Cosmos?
Do we learn all the secrets of the vast and unknown universe?
Can we meet former friends and other entities from the past?
Is there life on other
planets in the galaxies?
Available at B & N, itunes & Smashwords
If You Like Historical Fiction - A Trilogy
Three eBook Mystery Series set in 1964 In Louisiana
Read part of Book One
Read part of Book Two
Read part of Book Three
Based in Arkansas’s
Kobo, and B & N
For Adult Readers
“The Not-So-Little Rock”
Kinky erotic play drives this novel of intrigue, murder, and politics as a billionaire reveals his humble beginnings with the discovery of a not-so-little rock in Arkansas’s Crater of Diamonds.
Rich in history, the story includes the state’s financial difficulties during the depression and North Little Rock’s famous “Old Mill,” featured in the opening scene of “Gone With The Wind.”
BOOKS in PRINT
“What Do We Do With What We’ve Learned”
“The Cruising Serial Killer”
“The Cruising Black Widow”
“Mystery On Elbow Cay”
“The Secret DNA Code”
“The ISIS Pill”
Coffee Table Book
“Bones of the Garden”
They’re Easy to Order
of any book in Print
Contact the Author?
The New 2 Book 2017 Series
An Arkansas Novel
A murder mystery
In the winter time on Petit Jean Mountain.
Read about wild political corruption during the State elections in the post-Huey Long era and the elected officials who went to prison.
Remember Carlos Marcella, the Mafia Don in New Orleans, and the FBI’s futile attempt to exile him to Guatemala?
Many of these fictional accounts are based on truth.
All are eBooks and are available at Smashwords
Amazon, Barnes& Noble, iTunes, and Kobo